Wednesday, January 04, 2012

2011

So everyone is giving overviews of their past year. I think it's about time to do the same. I mean - it could be really easy. I can just say that my year 2011 was really amazing and abundantly blessed. BUT I will also try to give a month to month overview, highlighting the best things in each month.

January
I was an English substitute teacher in Parksepa Keskkool and it was pretty good. I also made the decision to take an academic year from the university - probably the BEST decision I have done in my life (or at least in many-many years). You can read later, why.

February
My English teacher role in Parksepa continues. I also helped to organize the Senior Prom for the Võru county schools. It was a success! My longtime dream of having my own snowboard was fulfilled - my parents sponsored half of the cost as my early B-day present! Yay! AND I got my very own ballgown.

March
I got to try out an English substituting in my old school. Three weeks being a colleague with my previous teachers - it felt kinda funny, but it was a great experience.

April
My third official job in 2011 - translating materials from English to Estonian for Aldersgate Ministries. Great job, because I learnt so much myself :)

May
We had a group from Swedish Bible school visiting for a week. I got my best compliments - a 27-year-old thought I am older than her plus several people in the group thought I am Norwegian. I was so flattered.
I also spent a week in Norway visiting my old au pair family and got in contact with the family I am working for at the moment.
More translating of the materials until the end of month. AND buying tickets to the US!

June
Actually had some time to rest and work four days in a farm.
June 15th - My flight to the USA. My week long vacation in Sedona, Arizona, which also included visiting Grand Canyon! :) So just six more nature miracles of the world left to visit ;)

July
I was actually in the US on July 4th and was able to celebrate it the right way.
When back in Estonia, I worked with a VIM team from Kingsport, TN and with our Brazilian-Estonian Mission group.

August
Some more days with crazy Brazilians and Estonians and I left for Norway on 9th of August. Had great first weeks in the family and celebrated my 25th birthday in Norway.

September
Nothing too exciting, but did visit Vienna. I did get my Norwegian bank account :)

October
Just enjoying my time with the family and working. The positive thing is that I lovelovelove the family I am working for and I am realizing it over and over again.
I also took the Norwegian tests for levels A2 and B1.

November
Work work work, some fun with friends and more work. I got the results for my tests - I passed them ALL! So proud of myself! At the same time, everyone kept telling me they knew I'm gonna pass anyway. Thank you for believing in me! :)

December
Ingvild asked me if I would like to continue working with them for longer than just up til January. I took a week for considering it and I accepted the offer. I went home for Christmas for a week as a surprise. If you ask me, it was the best idea ever ;) Well, some other people don't agree, but well....they just don't like surprises ;)

I think this was about it - the highlights of my wonderful year! :) Thank you all for being part of it!

No comments: