Saturday, November 19, 2011

A great week!

Yes, I've had a great week. As I mentioned in the last post, my relationship with Gabriel is really great. And I do enjoy it :) He's one-of-a-kind boy, he has his temper, but in the end of the day he's this little sweetheart with a big heart :) SO that has made my week!
But it's not all! I have finally started thinking more about my thesis paper that I have to get done in the next half year and although it's kinda scary, I also feel that it's the right thing to do. I still don't have the topic, but I do have some good ideas and I'm doing my research in this field at the moment. It's not going very fast, as I'm pretty tired in the evenings normally, but I'm trying. I still have 11 days :)
Monday's Norwegian class was great. I baked S'mores cookies with me and everyone loved them. Ole and Ingvild loved them too. Ingvild said that they were maybe a little too good (meaning she wanted to eat them too much :D). What a compliment! Anyway, back to the language class. We had a nice class, got tons of homework. I have actually done some of it already. I normally do it at the last moment or write the things during the lesson (I know, aiaiai :D). Although the level we are studying at is kinda low at the moment, I still enjoy meeting people and just getting out of the house. And it definitely helps me to revise the grammar and get stronger in it. I actually haven't studied that much of grammar the last two years, so it's good to look it over and think why do we say things one or the other way in Norwegian.
Tuesday we had the Julemessa möte - Christmas fair meeting. Me and some of my friends from church got together to finish some of the things we had started previous times. We finished our hearts and pigs and angels. We also wrapped candies they had made on last Saturday when I was working :) They looked so delicious! :) Anyway, it was a nice evening. I do love such evening with some work and mutual goal and having it cozy and chatting :)
Today (well, officially yesterday, but my rule is that it's the same day until I go to sleep :D). Anyway, today was the big JULEMESSE! Or for those, who don't understand Norwegian - Christmas fair. The Arendal methodist church has been organizing benefit Christmas fairs for several years now. They normally donate all the money they get for one or another cause or project. This year was a little special, as the church is getting a new roof. So half of the money will go to the church and the other half to some project. We went with the whole family and I was helping. I was supposed to be Selma's assistant, but I ended up running after Gabriel in the end. He ate basically just chocolate cake today, so you can imagine how energetic he was. Our little boy who doesn't really eat that much sugar normally :D Anyway, we had it cozy. There was tons of people, tons of different lottery and nice things to buy :) The thing is that most of the things are made by the people in the church :) I think it's just amazing how they work for this mutual cause :) So now we're waiting for the numbers to be announced - how much did they earn this year! :) It's always exciting! :)
Oh, and Alexander (from my previous family) performed. It came to me as a shock! I found out that he has been going to this Christian children's choir. And I was so proud to see him performing. He has really grown up! :)
Well, tomorrow I and Maria will be babysitting Gabriel and Selma overnight, as parents will have a night off. They definitely deserve it! :)
How has your week been?
Grete

No comments: