Friday, September 16, 2011

Everything can change in a minute

Today was great up until 8pm. We had a great morning with Selma and Gabriel and went to visit the baby after lunch. He is soooo cute and just so small. A little miracle. It's just unimaginable that WE can be part in creating sth like this. We mix some cells and there it is, growing, getting bigger, getting arms, legs etc. Becoming a real person. And this baby boy is just amazing. The tinies I've seen. He weighs 3450g and is only 48 cm tall. When I held him, it felt like there's basically nothing in my arms. I just wanted to cuddle him so-so hard. I can't believe I'm going to see this baby boy EVERY day in the next five months. I'll be able to see him grow, develop and learn. It will be just wonderful!
Today was also great because I got this great phone call. I had just come to my room, when my phone rang. Which in this house means that I have to run through the second floor downstairs and out on the porch to answer the call. All that because we have a very poor connection here for the cell phones. So I ran like crazy to get out to be able to answer the call. LĂ­via was calling. She was just the cutest. "I just called to tell you that I miss you and love you. We're having Kadri's Bday party tonight, so I miss you especially, because no party is the same without you." THANK YOU, dear. I needed to hear that! I love you too!
The hard part of today has been the fact that Selma has thrown up at least 4 times tonight. We tried to feed her in the evening and she really didn't want to, but there are some very important medicines she has to take every evening, so we tried to get hear eating, so she could get the most important medicines. We did it, and also got some enzymes in her (they help her to digest the food). The mormor (Ingvild's mom) got her to bed, but later I saw on the camera that she was not sleeping. So I thought that I'll go into her room and talk to her a little, so she would fall asleep nicely. Just when I got to her room, she threw up. So I put the light on, got her out of the bed and to her bathroom to clean her up. Poor baby! Anyway, cleaned her up, worked on changing the linens and put her back to bed, because it seemed that she was feeling better. She was even smiling there at some point. Did that, and she threw up. Just a little this time, but still. So mormor got her out of the bed and went to the living room to sit with her a little. We tried to give her some medicine that should calm down her stomach, but the only result was that after some minutes she threw up again :S After we had sit up with her for a while, we tried to get her to bed. It looked like she's sleeping, so I went in to adjust the camera, so we could see her eyes properly. She threw up again...just a little bit again this time, fortunately. Anyway, so she sat with the mormor again and I was downstairs some minutes ago. It seems that she is finally sleeping. I really hope so. It just breaks my heart to see the little one suffering. The hardest part is that I cannot do anything for her. I can just pray...but then again, isn't that the greatest thing we can do for someone? Anyway, I am praying for her and asking you to pray for her too. That she could have a calm night and that mommy in the hospital wouldn't worry too much about her.

Blessings to you all,
Grete

No comments: